150 Old Main Road
North Falmouth, Massachusetts 02556-0403

1899-?1832-1899



Courtesy of North Falmouth Congregational Church;  North Falmouth Congregational Church

PHOTO: 1906, Hiram Hall, organist

Vocalion, Unknown Builder, 1899

The new organ was purchased for $75.00 in 1899. In 1922, the Church paid $75 paid to have the Vocalion hooked up to an electric blower which was installed by Johnson Electric Manufacturing Company. This would bring to an end the weekly pay of having a person hand pump the organ.

"The first chorister (choir director) was Deacon Joshua Nye, who served in this position for 15 years. He was followed by the Honorable Francis Nye who held the position for 49 years. Mr. Nye, one of the representatives from Barnstable County in the State House in Boston, presented the Church with the organ which it is now using. He gave the organ to the Church in 1899 during the pastorate of the Rev. Ezra Smith." (from the Cape Cod Colonial newspaper, May 1, 1937)

More data to be published on this organ.



Courtesy of North Falmouth Congregational Church;  North Falmouth Congregational Church

PHOTO: 1906, Hiram Hall, organist



Courtesy of The Book of Falmouth;  The Book of Falmouth

PHOTO: 1906, Hiram Hall, organist with Choir



Courtesy of North Falmouth Congregational Church;  North Falmouth Congregational Church

PHOTO: July 1937, The Rev. Allen C. Best, minister; The Rev. L.D. Hinckley, choirmaster; Hiram Hall, organist




Pipe Organ, Unknown Builder, 1832

This organ was located in the Chancel and was hand pumped. All organists for the first 100 years were members of the Nye Family.



Source: Mary Lou Smith et al., The Book of Falmouth: A tricentennial celebration (Massachusetts: Falmouth Historical Commission, 1986)
           North Falmouth Congregational Church, North Falmouth, Massachusetts
           Stephen Best, Utica, New York
           Barbara Owen, Massachusetts
           1906 PHOTO CREDIT: M. and H. Latimer
           "Falmouth by the Sea" - The Naples of America (The Board of Trade and Industry) 1896