South Summer Street
Edgartown, Massachusetts 02539
E. & G.G. Hook & Hastings, Boston, Massachusetts, Opus 1664, 1895
Angerstein & Associates Revision, 1985
Altered by Frazee Organ Company, South Natick, Massachusetts, 1936
Rebuilt by Ross Abel (Angerstein & Associates), 1968
Rebuilt by Daniel Angerstein (Angerstein & Associates), 1970's
Revision by Angerstein & Associates, 1985
Two manuals and pedal
Slider Chests, Mechanical Key and Stop Action
3 divisions, 12 stops, 7 ranks
8' Flute a fuseau
4' Flute Douce
Swell to Great 8'
Swell to Great 4'
Swell to Pedal 8'
Great to Pedal 8'
The Goodrich case was used for the new organ in 1895.
The Hook & Hastings organ had a projecting console with drawknobs and straight stepped-jambs.
The Frazee Organ Company altered the case and added electro-pneumatic action in 1936.
In 1968, Ross Abel rebuilt the organ reusing some of the pipework revoiced.
Further rebuilding took place in the 1970's. The 1841 Goodrich casework was reworked with recycled parts
and a recessed console chassis and some recycled Frazee pipework.
The work was done by Angerstein and Associates.
Ebenezer Goodrich, Boston, Massachusetts, 1840
One manual and pedal
Mechanical Key and Stop Action
This organ was originally located at the First Congregational Church of Edgartown.
The console was recessed with drawknobs and both sides of the case were flat.
The organ was replaced in 1895 by Hook & Hastings and the case was reused.
Source: Peter Boak
Organ Historical Society, Richmond, Virgina
Organs of the United States and Canada Database