1 Church Street
East Harwich, Massachusetts 02645

Unknown Builder, c. 1845
Rebuilt by George H. Ryder, Opus 31, 1875
Rebuilt by Andover Organ Company, Methuen, Massachusetts, 1966
Maintained by Andover Organ Company, Methuen, Massachusetts

One manual and pedal
Mechanical Key and Stop Action
1 division, 9 ranks, 9 stops

Organ Specifications

MANUAL

8' Open Diapason
8' Dolce
8' Stopped Diapason
4' Octave
4' Flute
2 2/3' Twelfth
2' Fifteenth
Mixture II

PEDAL

16' Sub Bass
Tremulant

COUPLERS

Pedal Coupler
Hitch-down Swell Pedal

This organ is a rebuild of a G-Compass organ. Projecting console with drawknobs and sides of the case are flat. In 1966, 13 pedal notes were retained. The chest and pipework were not revoiced. A new ash and walnut case were added. The new case is from an 1811/1848 building remodeled in 1902. This organ is the first organ in the church, replacing a melodeon.

Source: Andover Organ Company, Methuen, Massachusetts